Summer Watering Schedule 2017
Summer heat is here and if you haven’t already adjusted your sprinkler timer, now is the time! Sprinklers should not be watering hardscape and there should be minimal runoff. Real Property Management Platinum wants to remind owners and renters of your city’s requirements. Depending upon which city you live in, Fresno & Clovis have specific days and windows of time you should be watering. Trees, shrubs and lawns can get distressed if they do not get enough water. Barbara Godfrey of Real Property Management Platinum said, “Renter’s have a responsibility to water enough to keep landscaping healthy and comply with the city watering schedules.” Each city provides this information on their website. The best way to stay current is to regularly check as schedules change seasonally.
City of Fresno https://www.fresno.gov/publicutilities/water-quality-delivery-testing/water-schedules/
June 1 – August 31, 2017 THREE-DAY WATERING SCHEDULE
- ODD Numbered Addresses: (Ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9) Tuesday, Thursday and/or Saturdays
- EVEN Numbered Addresses: (Ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8) Wednesday, Friday and/or Sundays
- NO WATERING MONDAY OR BETWEEN 9AM AND 6PM
City of Clovis https://www.ci.clovis.ca.us/Departments-Services/Public-Utilities/Water
Effective April 1 through October 31
- Customers with EVEN numbered addresses will be allowed to use water outdoors on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays only.
- Customers with ODD numbered addresses will be allowed to use water outdoors on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only.
- No outdoor water use on Mondays.
During your watering day, you are not restricted to a particular hour for watering. Please keep in mind that watering earlier in the day will reduce the amount of evaporation that occurs.
Be sure to check again in the fall as the requirements will change.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.